01:30 PM to 02:45 PM MW
Section Information for Fall 2021
This course is an introduction to some of the most important positions and arguments of Western Philosophy. Those questions include:
• Does God exist? And if so, why does he allow so much suffering?
• Can we trust our senses to learn about the world around us?
• What justification do we have for our predictions about the future?
• What is a person? What is required for a person to continue to exist in the future? Is life after death possible?
• What is a mind? How is the mind related to the brain? Is it possible for a computer to think and to be conscious?
• Do we have free will?
• What do moral claims mean? Are there correct and incorrect answers to moral questions?
• How should a moral person behave?
• Is it morally wrong to eat meat or go to the opera while other people are starving?
PHIL 100 DL1 is a distance education section.
View 3 Other Sections of this Course in this Semester »